On 24/08/06, Paul Lutus <nospam / nosite.zzz> wrote:
> I have written a relatively primitive Ruby beautifier (written in Ruby) that
> probably could be made ten times better if someone cared to expend the
> effort:
>
> http://www.arachnoid.com/ruby/rubyBeautifier.html
>
> There are many things it won't do, some of which are mentioned in this
> thread. But it reliably indents and reveals the basic program structure.
>
> It's GPL, so someone could take it and run with it. I myself am too lazy.

Thanks! I'm using your beautifier, and finding it pretty robust. I
edited it a little into more idiomatic Ruby (noMoreNamesLikeThis),
made some things more concise, and applied a few rules of my own taste
(outdenting private and protected).

If you're interested:
http://po-ru.com/files/beautify-ruby

Paul.