Hello, I hope this feedback is of at least some value:

On http://redhanded.hobix.com/redesign2005/

The design metaphor of the new Ruby website should be `usability'
(which the existing website could easily fulfill if it is subjected
to some natural selection) and not `inexperienced decoration' -- Ruby
is the most usable programming language available today so anything
related to it should also shine with usability all the way through,
in order to keep Ruby's identity consistent. Learn from the masters:
http://www.nngroup.com

The layout has a lot of uncontrolled gradients, which is completely
meaningless. It seems to have no other meaning rather than to `look
pretty', however it fails in that too -- I've asked a few trained
eyes and they feel the layout is structured like the workings of a
confused architecture student struggling through his first year, and
the gradient is bevelling out like a badly constructed 3D animation.
As a rule of thumb, when inexperienced designers try to create
advanced designs just to achieve that extra wow-factor, the result
will always be disappointing.

Also, the big giant Ruby in the Ruby logo is way too much, isn't it?
A logo is meant to be `the world in compressed form' and should be as
minimal as possible and carry an intelligent twist which makes it
both cool and unique. Look at the book `Tres Logos' for world class
examples:
http://www.die-gestalten.de/books/detail?id=be0db8100aeaffa2010b1ef5c969002e

I hope I didn't offend the author of the redesign. But if he's a good
designer, he won't feel offended.

All the best,
Kyrre