On Fri, 25 Aug 2006, Trans wrote:

> Justin Bailey wrote:

>> +100 - please give us singleton_class!
>>

>>> much better, imho, and used all over my own code is
>>>
>>>    def singleton_class &b
>>>      sc = class << self; self; end
>>>      b ? sc.module_eval &b : sc
>>>    end
>>>
>>> obj = Object.new
>>
>> +1 to this implementation.
>
> At the very least, 'singleton_class' is too long. Just 'singleton'
> would suffice.
>
> Alas, I wish we could just go back to 'metaclass'.

i too would like a shorter namer, but singleton_class is in the source and has
been for years.  momentum!  ;-)

seriously though - the name comes up in google - and we all know how important
that it for newbies!

-a
--
to foster inner awareness, introspection, and reasoning is more efficient than
meditation and prayer.