On Wednesday 23 August 2006 09:18 am, Carlos wrote:
> Matt Coffman wrote:
> > My sincere apologies to all.
> >
> > Matt
>
> Where to can we redirect newbies asking for help, before people start to
> spit rude answers to them and discourage them to learn Ruby (or to let
> us help them to learn Ruby)? Is there any ruby-newby mailing
> list/newsgroup?

I know of no Ruby-Newbie mailing lists or newsgroups, but there are many Ruby
tutorials on the web. I've created one here:

http://www.troubleshooters.com/codecorn/ruby/basictutorial.htm

As far as rude answers, a newbie question is no excuse for rudeness. It's so
much easier simply to not answer the newbie question, or to have a stock
signature block that, in the nicest way possible, says RTFM and tells the
newbie where the fantastic manual resides.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
   * Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist

http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore
http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/tcourses.htm