I've gone further. This following call snippet fails:

require 'socket'

t=TCPSocket.open("code.whytheluckystiff.net",80)
str1='GET /yaml HTTP/1.1\r\n\r\n'
t.write(str1)

of course with an EINVAL error.

AFAIC write a calling a C function. So why would  calling
a C function cause a EINVAL ( this is not rhetorical ).

I believe earlier calls have probably been executed earlier in the
same library ( the open works ).

Suggestions?

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 09:44:16 GMT, Thaddeus L Olczyk <none / none.com>
wrote:

>The code is simple:
>
>Net::HTTP.start("code.whytheluckystiff.net",80) { |http|
>  print(http.head('/yaml'))
>}
>
>The error I get is that an EINVAL exception was generated.
>
>Using telnet to preform the same request, everything seems fine.
>
>I am using the latest version of Ruby on Windows ( NT4 SP6 ).
Let me add that it is the one click installer available from rubyforge
Thaddeus L. Olczyk, PhD
Think twice, code once.