Paul Lutus wrote:
> Calamitas wrote:
>

>>I've not addressed the temperature problem as I'm still not very happy
>>with it. My current opinion is that maybe temperature conversion
>>should be done by separate methods, and only Kelvin should be allowed
>>in the whole units machinery.
>

> If you only have Kelvin and no other temperature units, no conversions can
> be made.

Since he says "in the machinery," I think he means internally it would
all be in Kelvin.

I'm assuming every measure has a "default" unit (e.g., meter) and that
all conversions go there first.

Maybe not -- but that's how I'd do it. Convert feet to furlongs by first
converting feet to meters and then meters to furlongs. That way there
are fewer conversion factors required. Of course, significant digits
become a problem, but I have to assume the library user worries about
that.

Hal