Dave Howell wrote:
> Is it possible, once Ruby's launched, for it to redefine (or undefine)
> the default search paths? If only your modules know the secret
> handshake required to 'find' the standard . . . hmm. I guess I can't
> think of how that'd actually work.

I think that would work perfectly! Thanks for the idea! I will look into
that. If anyone has any idea how that could be done, I would really
appreciate to hear it.

> So you disable or redefine File.read, say. How do you stop a player
> from going to the stdlib or core source code, including, embedding, or
> copy&pasting that into their program, and calling it?

This part could be a real problem. But we'll see about that later. I
could make part of the updater and such search the user program files
for anything from the stdlib, but that would take a looong time. That
may be what I have to do, but I'll need to find a way to not have to
search for the whole stdlib... or something... my head hurts now too!

Suggestions anyone?