On Aug 23, 2006, at 11:36 AM, David Vallner wrote:

I'm mystified, David.

Originally you said
> Personally, I'd just avoid hacking arbitrary programs to support
> colour
> schemes, and instead do a wrapper shell script that will redefine the
> ANSI colours in your terminal of choice.

I responded that, though I am not expert, googling had tended to
persuade me that this could not be done in the general case. I did
mention that there were idiosyncratic methods that would work with
particular terminal emulations.

You responded:
> Also, speaking of googlage, "change xterm colour" yields http://
> www.thrysoee.dk/xtermcontrol/ on the first page of results. *cough*
>
> Probably does precisely what's needed for xterm.

I guess the implication is that I'm too stupid to use Google correctly.

The sad truth is that not only am I too stupid to Google, even when
you find sites for me I'm too foolish to see that they have any
relevance to your original suggestion.

--
In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take.
-Adlai Stevenson, statesman (1900-1965)