On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 07:20:06AM +0900, Paul wrote:

> I know there has been a lot of discussion on this lately but I noticed
> that the folks over at http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/orderedhash/
> have produced a class for us! It supports a pretty robust protocol.
>
> However, if you download the gem and install it, it will error out. I
> get a "superclass mismatch for class OrderedHash" error when my rails
> controller gets loaded.
>
> It turns out that rails also defined this class in it's initialize.rb
> package. Burned on a namespace collision! Therefore, we can't use
> OrderedHash as it's packaged from raa.ruby-lang.org. My solution was to
> rename the ordered_hash.rb package to raa_ordered_hash.rb and then
> rename the OrderedHash class within it to RaaOrderedClass.
[...]

Ideally, it's Rails which should be renaming its class.
It's not even close to being a hash (it misses even the most basic complexity
premises).

 class OrderedHash < Array #:nodoc:

is very telling. I also wonder why it's not defined in the ActiveSupport
namespace; some other classes are.

And they should use Array#assoc while they're at it.