A. S. Bradbury wrote:
> They're very limited at the moment, there's nothing more to them than listing
> parameters between /, and * are supported much like directory globbing.
> There's no way to specify certain parameters (like to select only verses
> lists with more than 5 children). But then Ruby has powerful array operations
> like #select and #reject for this sort of querying. I made this interface as
> basic as possible, not being sure what people would need/use. What sort of
> queries would you like to perform? I was planning on adding range selection,
> so you could do e.search 'book/chapter/verses/[0..5/whatever'. Clearly in
> your structure it would be as easy to just slice the result array.

If I look at the queries that can be performed now they look somewhat
similar to XPath expressions. The structure you define also looks a lot
like an XML structure, so maybe the data extracted can be easily
converted to XML? This would allow you to use REXML's powerful XPath
support to query the results. Next to this the results can easily be
exported as XML too.

Regards,

Peter