Hi,
I have spreadsheet-like data, a table of data really, that I need to be
able to access on a row-by-row, column-by-column, even cell-by-cell
basis. I need to look at incoming filenames in a directory and match
those filenames with the leftmost column of this table. Then, based on
that entry's row, I need other information from cells in that same row,
putting them in variables, etc. In some cases, I'll need to do some
addition with those values.

Anyway, my, rather primitive, understanding of YAML is that it's a good
textual database like thing that can be accessed via RUBY. Obviously, my
"table" is multiple columns and multiple rows. Is YAML OK with multiple
columns, or, is it meant for just 2 column things, like a hash?

I've played a bit with CSV and James Gray's FasterCSV. It seems more
like the spreadsheet-like paradigm that I need. I would just like some
suggestions.

Thank you,
Peter