Carlos wrote:

> Matt Coffman wrote:
>> My sincere apologies to all.
>>
>> Matt
>
> Where to can we redirect newbies asking for help, before people start to
> spit rude answers to them and discourage them to learn Ruby (or to let
> us help them to learn Ruby)? Is there any ruby-newby mailing
> list/newsgroup?

AFAIK there is only this one Ruby NG, and I agree it might be better if
there were two or more, for specific needs. A symptom indicating this need
(apart from what you point out) is the rather high volume of posts to this
one NG, on diverse subjects related to Ruby.

But I must say the OP would have gotten the same reception from a Ruby NG
geared to newbies ... he would eventually be asked to post some code. So
the outcome would have been the same.

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.arachnoid.com