Hi,

I have been making a foray into the world of SOAP/WSDL etc and having
been encouraged with the success of running the googleapi demo code,
I thought I would have a go with Betfair.

Alas, things are not going well,
and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong
or  if the library module 'soap/wsdlDriver' is faulty
or  does not support the BFService.wsdl document.

The login request sequence works great,
but any other requests fail (eg., getAllEventTypes, logout)
because the parameters do not get generated
in the request document which is sent to Betfair,
which seems to indicate a bug in soap/wsdlDriver.rb,
or in the way I have setup the parameters.

I have included the wiredumps for the 'login' and 'getAllEventTypes' 
requests
as comments in the code following, and you will see that
the <n1:request> element for 'login' is formatted as per the parameters 
passed to login ,
but the one for 'getAllEventTypes' is empty.

Any suggestions ?
(I tried to debug the soap code, but it was all beyond my abilities)

Regards,

Tad


#<Docs>
#http://bdphelp.betfair.com/API4/V1/API4.1aOnlineHelp/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm
#</Docs>
require 'soap/wsdlDriver'
wsdl_url="https://api.betfair.com/betex-api-public-ws/v2/BFService.wsdl"
puts ">>CONNECT<<"
soap = SOAP::WSDLDriverFactory.new( wsdl_url ).create_rpc_driver
soap.wiredump_file_base,soap.wiredump_dev = "bdp",STDOUT
puts "------------------------------------------------"
print ">>LOGIN<<"
logindetails={:locationId      =>0,
              :password        =>"mypassword",
              :productId       =>82,
              :username        =>"myusername",
              :vendorSoftwareId=>0
             }
response=soap.login(:request=>logindetails) ;
exit unless response.result.errorCode=="OK"

#   WIREDUMP OUTPUT FROM LOGIN REQUEST :-
#-<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
#-<env:Envelope xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
#-    xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
#-    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
#-  <env:Body>
#-    <n1:login 
xmlns:n1="http://www.betfair.com/publicapi/BFServiceV2/">
#-      <n1:request>
#-        <locationId>0</locationId>
#-        <password>mypassword</password>
#-        <productId>82</productId>
#-        <username>myusername</username>
#-        <vendorSoftwareId>0</vendorSoftwareId>
#-      </n1:request>
#-    </n1:login>
#-  </env:Body>
#-</env:Envelope>
puts "------------------------------------------------"

print ">>GET ALL EVENT TYPES<<"
apiRequestHeader={:clientStamp  => 0,:sessionToken => 
response.result.header.sessionToken}
response=soap.getAllEventTypes(:request=>{:header=>apiRequestHeader,:locale=>"en"})
exit unless response.result.errorCode=="OK"

#   WIREDUMP OUTPUT FROM 'getAllEventTypes' REQUEST :-
#<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
#<env:Envelope xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
#    xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
#    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
#  <env:Body>
#    <n1:getAllEventTypes 
xmlns:n1="http://www.betfair.com/publicapi/BFServiceV2/">
#      <n1:request>
#      </n1:request>
#    </n1:getAllEventTypes>
#  </env:Body>
#</env:Envelope>

puts "------------------------------------------------"
print ">>LOGOUT<<"
apiRequestHeader={:clientStamp  => 0,:sessionToken => 
response.result.header.sessionToken}
response=soap.logout(:request=>{:header=>apiRequestHeader})
p [response.result.header.errorCode,response.result.errorCode]
exit unless response.result.errorCode=="OK"
puts "------------------------------------------------"
puts "It all worked OK"

-- 
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.