Kevin Olbrich wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 23, 2006, at 2:35 AM, Phrogz wrote:
> >Kevin Olbrich wrote:
> >> Announcing......
> >>
> >> Ruby Units
> >
> >Not to take the wind from your sails (fly, baby, fly!), but:
> >http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/12821
> >http://narray.rubyforge.org/quanty/quanty-en.html
> >and my own foray:
> >http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/154577
> >

> The concept isn't new, but I think this approach has the fewest
> limitations and is the most general.
>
> Besides, it was a good learning experince.

Nice work. Though, you may be interested in Facets' units.rb, written
by Peter Vanbroekhoven. It is about as complete as I can imagine it can
get.

  http://facets.rubyforge.org

I think the currency conversion functionality is "off line" though. I
need to fix that. It wuld be great if you took a look, maybe you would
like to join the Facets team and work in innovations of your system. I
have for sometime been thinking of releasing parts of Facets in
"bite-sized" portions, staring in fact with units.rb, but I have bigger
plans for distribution, so I've put it off.

T.