"Chris Gehlker" <canyonrat / mac.com> wrote in message
news:C1967BEB-2E20-488B-9977-5EA3B9CB1AC3 / mac.com...

> On Aug 22, 2006, at 5:30 AM, Just Another Victim of the Ambient  Morality
> wrote:
>
>>     Has anyone noticed this?  How do you deal with this issue?
>
> I must be missing something. i can't see why you didn't just ask the
> debugger by typing <parametername>.class

    That's a good question...
    I wasn't looking at the source at runtime...  I could have run it and
stuck a breakpoint but that's when the problem occured to me.  In a
hypothetical case, the code might be hard to execute.  Indeed, if you're
looking at someone else's code then you might have no clue as to how to
execute it.  You could write some code to call it directly but that
wouldn't give you insight into how the method is used.
    In my case, the debugger is really slow and it would have taken quite a
while to reach the breakpoint...