On 8/22/06, Pedro Cộte-Real <pedro / pedrocr.net> wrote:
> It is a Hash, since it provides it's interface and general performance
> characteristics. It just supplies the new guarantee of insertion
> ordering.

No, I'd say it's hash-like, but not a hash in the "proper" sense of
the term. From an interface perspective, you're right that it doesn't
matter to the Rubyist on the street. But Hashes are, as has been
repeated many times, an unordered collection. Imposing order on a Hash
(even insertion order) changes the type of collection that it is --
even if it's useful, which I have already granted. (Of course, I would
need to -- since I've implemented one myself for PDF::Writer.)

-austin
               * austin / zieglers.ca