On 8/21/06, thoran @ thoran. com <thoran / thoran.com> wrote:
> "Why Does Hash Apparently Reorder By Its Internal Representation And
> Other Associated Ponderings"

Hash doesn't reorder, though. The nature of a Hash is that it is an
unordered collection. There is a use case for an ordered associative
collection, but it's not a Hash as such. So, asking even the modified
question will present a similar problem -- you're wanting something
that isn't a floor wax or a dessert topping. Granted, I want the same
thing (sometimes), but I also recognise that it isn't (properly
speaking) a Hash at that point.

The only thing that really counts against you in all of this is that
there was a discussion about this not two weeks before, IIRC, and some
people reacted to that. It's not just a long-term discussion, it's
recent, too.

-austin
               * austin / zieglers.ca