<thoran / thoran.com> wrote in message
news:eff13236bdf3690ff2f43722eba7ddd0 / shiny...
>I doubt it would have helped very much with respect to those responses
>which are bordering(?) on abusive

    I've been watching this thread intently and I don't recall anyone being
abusive or even close to it.  Could you site an example?

> (You know the ones that go like: "You're such a dickhead!", which is
> meant by imputation to be understood as "I'm so smart.", which when given
> this exposition of what is really being said, I merely ask "Who is the
> dickhead?"  Besides, aren't we supposed to be nice?)

    Again, I don't recall any insults or self posturing.  To what are you
referring, specifically?

> And while I do know how to search the mailing list, I went on to ask
> about whether it was at all useful to have ordered hashes in spite of
> lack of explicit support in Ruby.  I wasn't asking for support for it,
> just as to whether I was wanting for something that I might write myself
> which might be useful and not ugly, or evil as I put it.

    Well, to be fair, you did more than this.  You suggested that, perhaps,
hashes are actually ordered and that none of us really knows what a hash
is...  You also accused it of not following the PoLS, which many Ruby
programmers feel strongly about.  Considering people's knowledge of hashes,
even outside the context of Ruby, and your self proclaimed ignorance
(although this was not in your original post), these are bold statements
and are bound to illicit bold responses.
    Personally, I feel you are misunderstanding the PoLS but I've already
addressed that in another post.

> Finally, to those who would take aim, I say "Piss off!', I'm quite
> capable of such of myself with respect to myself.  Such attitudes will
> have a chiling effect on those who might be able to contribute given the
> opportunity and I refuse to cower to arrogance such as yours.  Stupid and
> annoying people are best ignored.  I'm happy to be ignored until I say
> something useful.  Which means I myself should've written nothing of it,
> but anyway...  Is it a deal?

    Again, who is taking aim?  Perhaps you're looking for antagonism where
there is none?
    People are responding to you to help you and there has been no attack
that I'm aware of.  I am interested in what you interpret as an attack,
which is why I'm asking for specific examples.  If people are attacking
you, this would go a long way to quell that...