Don't laugh. I like a little color in my terminal windows. Well, OK.
Go ahead and laugh. I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself.

Anyway, I simply find that the right blend of colors makes me happier
when I program and enhances the inherent pellucidness of why's code.

The one problem is that sometimes one of the ansi colors hardwired
into ri for emphasis text happens to be very close to my background
color du jour. With a little googling for ansi control codes  and the
power of RDoc I was able to quickly find the lines in ri_formatter.rb
that control the color scheme and i can simply edit them to suit my
whim. This strikes me as quite ugly and brute forcish by I am content
as long as I am the only person in the world who cares.

If anybody else cares,  let me know and i will pursue the path of
adding a color scheme option to the RI environmental variable. Please
also let me know if I missed the correct way of dealing with ri's
color settings.

--
Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.
-Frank William Leahy, football coach (1908-1973)