Daniel Waite wrote:
> Hi all. I've got a design question.

> Now imagine we have a class named Acme that extends class Company.
> Company includes CreditCardProcessor and has an instance variable called
> @credit_card_processor.

Some of the GOF patterns don't translate to a dynamically typed language
such as Ruby.  With duck typing, there is no need to explicitly set the
interface that the internal strategy component will adhere to and your
implementation is free to swap strategy components just as you would in
a statically typed language but with the added flexibility of not having
to explicitly set the interface before hand..