My point was not to say that it was a problem for Ruby to not have
statement terminators.  I was trying to answer
the question as to why the user was getting his error reported at EOF.
It's also pertinent because a lot of
discussion has been around the need for "better error messages".  While
I have certainly seen cases where Ruby
error messages could be better, I don't think a little more work on
error messages is going to correct his issue.
It's implicit with the lack of statement terminators.

I didn't mean to imply that means Ruby should force statement terminators.