On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Russell Fulton wrote:

> James Britt wrote:
>> Russell Fulton wrote:
>>> Any idea where to look for the problem?
>> What is the user that actually runs the job in cron?
>>
>> Are you using absolute paths?
>>
>> #!/usr/local/bin/ruby
>>
>> not
>>
>> #!/usr/bin/env ruby
>>
> we are getting close here!  I've managed to reproduce the error on the
> cli by executing the file directly instead of running ruby <filename>
>
> i.e
> selms.rb ... dies
> whereas
> ruby selms.rb ... works fine.
>
> file starts with:
>
> #! /usr/bin/ruby

you have 1.8.4 installed in one place, probably /usr/local/bin/ and 1.6.8 in
/usr/bin

type

   which -a ruby

and

   /usr/bin/ruby -v
   /usr/local/bin/ruby -v

probably you should change the shebang line in your script.  alternately you
can set the PATH in your crontab like so

   PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH

regards.

-a
--
to foster inner awareness, introspection, and reasoning is more efficient than
meditation and prayer.