Trans wrote:
> Anyone here use SpiderMonkey / OSSP js?  I wondering how that works out
> as a standard (not strictly web oriented) programming language and how
> it compares to using Ruby in that regard.
>
>   http://www.ossp.org/pkg/lib/js/

Interesting.

I've not used it, but I suspect that Ruby offers greater expressive
power, and that anything SpiderMonkey has that is not part of Ruby would
be (relatively) easy to add.

For example, there's been threads here on prototype-based programming
(someone wrote a lib for it, too, I believe), and a recent (well, May
2006) article on Ruby Code & Style by Topher Cyll discussed assorted
functional niceties one can add to Ruby.

[0] http://www.artima.com/rubycs/articles/patterns_sexp_dsls.html

Still, I'd be curious to hear SpiderMonkey stories.

--
James Britt

"Hackers will be expelled"
  -  The Breakfast Club (1985)