Dominik Bathon wrote:

> I don't know how to get Ripper working, but depending on what you want
> to  do, there might be better solutions like RubyNode or ParseTree.
>
> --snip--

It's what we currently use in FreeRIDE and I kinda like the way Ripper
is used. Currently we only use it to aquire all methods/modules/classes.
I guess I could look into working with a different parser but I'd prefer
Ripper.

> The only thing that RubyNode or ParseTree won't give you are the
> comments  and whitespace in the code.

That's a bit of a letdown, nothing too serious. Probably easy to work
around by wrapping the IO-source.
Do you have any idea as to how memory-intensive either are?

Anyhow, thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it if Ripper takes too
long to get running again.

Jonathan