Hello All!

I'm new to Ruby and this group.  I was hoping that someone could lend
a helping hand involving the irb interpreter packaged with ruby
version 1.8 on Mac OSX.  I would like to import or load some classes
that are defined in a separate .rb file on my hard disk into an
interactive session of irb.  I tried invoking the load() function
with '~/classes.rb' as a parameter.  The interpreter gave me a 'true'
value in response.  But when I tried to create an instance of one of
the classes defined in the file I got a undefined class error from
irb.  I also tried using the require keyword with the same path in
quotes to load that class file and it produced the same results.

So, can anyone tell me how to import those class definition ruby
files into the irb interpreter or at least point me in the right
direction on where to find documentation online for the irb
interpreter itself?

I appreciate everyone's help in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
--Nick

"Our characters are the result of our conduct." -- Aristotle