On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 12:28:28 +0200, Robert Klemme
<shortcutter / googlemail.com> wrote:

> everything seems fine.
>>>
>>> I am using the latest version of Ruby on Windows ( NT4 SP6 ).
>>
>> That code seems to work fine on linux with Ruby 1.8.4. I get:
>>
>> #<Net::HTTPOK:0xb7bef67c>=> nil
>>
>> And if I change to .get('/yaml').body I get the body of the page, as
>> expected.
>
>Works for me, too.
>
>Local firewall that explicitly blocks accesses from ruby and not from
>telnet?  Just a wild guess...
The firewall I use is zonealarm. It keeps prompting me to allow ruby
to pass ( I keep saying yes ).  In fact I even set remember this
setting and yes. I had to remove ruby toi clear it.

It seems to me there is some aspect of Windows networking that is
not working right. It is something that most programs, if they use it,
they do not rely on it.  But ruby networking just relies on it. I'm
hoping someone can tell me.

Thaddeus L. Olczyk, PhD
Think twice, code once.