On 8/19/06, Paul <prcorcoran / comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> I do appreciate your comments and I was not aware of the caching
> capabilities built into rails. I will take a look into the link you
> provided to see how I can utilize this built in support.
>
> Thanks again,
> Paul

This is getting more into rails-talk, but just fyi - the built in
caching support doesn't really help with things like look up tables.
All the rails caching is based on the view level - actions, pages, and
fragmets.  If you want to cache models, which is ideal for things like
look up tables, you could look into something like cached_model, which
uses memcached for its cache.  Assuming its really a concern, you've
profiled, etc...

more info here:
http://nubyonrails.com/articles/2006/08/17/memcached-basics-for-rails

- Rob