Hi Gary,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by using "an instance variable of the
class object". I am familiar with class variables and instance
variables. In my case I wanted to cache the data in a class variable
because *any* instance could reference the single class variable. Is
there yet another type of variable (other than temporary method scope
variables) that one could define?

Thanks,
Paul