Felipe Ureta wrote:
> Hello,
>      I'm posting here since I cannot do it in the Ruby-Gnome 2 forum.
> I'm new to ruby and ruby-Gnome2.I've written a small script for
> extracting table names from a trace file from Microsoft Analizer. I
> decided I wanted to learn how to do GUI's so  at first I coded from
> scratch a GUI but soon I got tired of doing it by hand. Then I
> downloaded Glade and used it to make a gui pretty fast, but if I wan't
> to modify the gui for any reasons I suspect that the
> ruby-glade-create-template.rb will create a new file and I'll have to
> move my code from one file to another. So here is the question, is there
> an alternative to Glade for designing UI's?
>
> btw, english is not my first language. sorry if I did not make myself
> clear. :)
>
> Greetings,
> Felipe
>
> --

The idea behind glade is that you keep the interface separate from the
code. The ruby-glade-create-template.rb script creates a decent
starting point, but from then on you should develop the code and
interface together rather than generating one from the other. All you
need to do is add appropriate callbacks to your ruby scripts.