Hal Fulton wrote:
> Carlos wrote:
>

>> For that conversion, #to_i could have been used as well, and then '09'
>> would
>> be interpreted as decimal 9. Why should I expect my string to be passed
>> through Integer() before formatting? That is not documented.
>>

> Why would you pass a string to something that expects a number
> anyway?

Actually, let me say this, as it's more informative and
constructive.

If you need to convert your string to a number, it's best
to do so explicitly. (If you really want to pass a string
into sprintf, %s is the correct modifier.)

Also note that while Integer() doesn't convert the way
you want, to_i does:

    Integer("09")  # error
    "09".to_i      # 9

Cheers,