Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality wrote:

>     You could cut him some slack.  It's pretty easy to get frustrated with
> these stupid machines.  A lot of things really should "just work" and it
> can get frustrating when they don't, especially after everyone proselytizes
> it as the solution to all their problems...

"Everyone"? I don't. And besides, anyone who thinks that ANYTHING is the
solution to all his problems is naive.

Having said that: I do think the parser's errors could stand some
improvement. But writing parsers is hard, and Ruby's is harder
than most. (Just ask anyone who's tried to reproduce the parser.)

By all means, let's improve the messages if we can. But I don't that
it's trivial.

Hal