William Crawford wrote:

> I'm new to Ruby, too, but I've already come across this question on my
> own learning.  My solution was to simply open up the source code and
> look through it.  If it's commented even halfway well, it'll be very
> obvious what everything does.

Man, I was hoping it wouldn't come to that, since you'd have to download
and possibly install a module before deciding if it's something you even
need.

However, I just noticed here:

http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/

That there are plenty of useful modules for networking (including
smtp!). There's even a date class in the standard library! I should be
able to build any modules I'm missing from those building blocks without
too much trouble.

Neat!

Brian