Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality wrote:
> "Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality" <ihatespam / rogers.com> wrote
> in message news:NKaFg.144673$Em2.92508 / fe10.news.easynews.com...
>
>> "Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality" <ihatespam / rogers.com> wrote
>> in message news:XpaFg.542444$C62.257947 / fe12.news.easynews.com...

<snip a bunch>
>     Okay, after _way_ too many code modifications, I got it to almost
> work...
>     One way that it is defective is that it can't always parse the links of
> a page.  The strange thing is that it works find for some pages (like
> slashdot.org) but completely fails for others (like rubyforge.org).  When it
> fails, it does so by failing to collect the URL of the link and the script
> dies by sending a message to a nil object.  I looked at the source and the
> two pages seem to be the same to me.  Can anyone guess what's going on?
>     Also, why didn't "mechanize" "just work?"
>     Thank you..

It sounds like you didn't install this in any normal fashion? I have yet
to run into public Ruby libraries which require you to copy them into
the Ruby directory. Plus, I know Mechanize is available as a gem.
Why are you copying it manually? I would suspect this as the root of the
issue, although it's hard to tell.

-Justin