On Thu, 17 Aug 2006, Henry Savr wrote:

> Are there Ruby macro features as a part of Ruby standard?
> I want them to work with ANY editor or interactive environment and with
> ANY OS

Ruby is it's own macro preprocessor and it is way way way smarter and
better than any other you have met. (Unless you have met Scheme hygienic
macros)

Say
  ri eval
and
  ri class_eval
and
  ri instance_eval

The evils of eval can easily exceed the (relatively) minor sins of a
preprocessor and will eventually eat you.

New Zealand

Carter's Clarification of Murphy's Law.

From this principle, all of life and physics may be deduced.