On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, Robert Dober wrote:

>> I guess I was hoping for CPAN for ruby (I'm sure that's come up a few
>> billion times here).
>

> Strangely enough not at all!

Search the archives.  This is indeed a recurring topic.

However, in a nutshell, for the OP:

The majority of projects these days are hosted at Rubyforge.
The majority also have listings at RAA (http://raa.ruby-lang.org).

These are non-identical majorities with a lot of overlap, so when hunting
for something, it's a good idea to search both places.

A more or less standard package distribution format is the RubyGem.
Read all about it here:

http://docs.rubygems.org/

Once you have gems installed in your Ruby installation, you can do
something like this:

gem install mime-types

RTM for details on everything else you can do.

Kirk Haines