Hi!
I'm trying to get SOAP4R running under ruby-1.8.5-preview3 +
http-access2 (you can also update 1.8.4 with latest SOAP4R +
http-access2 I guess).

Everything works too well... I'm suspecting that this basic auth thing
in SOAP4R only is for the client???

See these, server and client:
http://dev.ctor.org/soap4r/browser/trunk/sample/soap/basicauth
The third line in the server.rb file states:
# SOAP server cannot use WEBrick's httpauth feature for now...
I dont use any webserver, I run standalone server, pure SOAP i guess...

I want the server to fail the client when sending incorrect user/passwd,
now it doesnt matter what I send, the client gets access and the RPC
succeed no matter what passwd I send!!!

Am i missing something here? Do the webbserver need to be integrated?
(that is, do I need to run a full webbservice to get this to work
correctly?)

Thanks!

/Rick