On 8/17/06, Dreamn 11 <dreamn11 / comcast.net> wrote:
> I am Win32 Programmer looking for answers on Ruby
>
> 1. How do you invoke a .rb file from the irb shell?

If you want to include it once (a library, perhaps), use require, as in

  require 'somefile' # will try to load somefile.rb or a .dll, .so, .o and so on

Or if you want to run a file as many times you wish, use load:

  load 'somefile'

> 2. If i wish you deploy my ruby code into Production server...whats the
> RunTime I have to install 1st?

Whats server? There's mod_ruby for Apache.

If you're using Rails, see http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowtoSetupIIS