On 8/17/06, Dreamn 11 <dreamn11 / comcast.net> wrote:
> I am Win32 Programmer looking for answers on Ruby
>
> 1. How do you invoke a .rb file from the irb shell?
> 2. If i wish you deploy my ruby code into Production server...whats the
> RunTime I have to install 1st?
> 3. If I write Ruby CGI Apps...How do I make it work on IIS 6.0?
> 4. Is there a Ruby IDE?
>
> TIA

1. require 'whatever.rb' -or- load 'whatever.rb'
2. runtime is basicly the ruby distribution - the interpreter and the
libs. on windows it probably means the one-click installer
(http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubyinstaller)
3. don't know IIS, but I'd that by having IIS run them ;-) Or, using
intermediate ruby webserver(s) like mongrel or webrick. Or, if it is
possible, but using FCGI/FastCGI/SCGI (plain old CGI is too slow most
of the time).