On 8/17/06, gregarican <greg.kujawa / gmail.com> wrote:
> I briefly looked at Lua but didn't get a chance to fully research its
> capabilities. Are there a decent amount of libraries available for this
> language? For example, could I implement XMLRPC, SOAP, etc. with it or
> use standard GUI toolkits such as Qt, GTK, Fox, Wx, etc.?

I know less of Lua than I know of Ruby, but a quick Google turned this up:

http://luaforge.net

After looking at the site a bit, I saw it does have libraries for all
of the protocols/GUI toolkits you mention, tough some of them seem to
be at an early stage of development.

Also, since Lua was meant to be embedded into a C program, there's a
protocol to call C functions from Lua, and vice-versa, so if you need
a certain funcionality from a C library, you could probably use it
without having to build a wrapper for the entire library.

--
Bira
http://compexplicita.blogspot.com