------art_34354_1338361.1155676215443

On 8/15/06, Berger, Daniel <Daniel.Berger / qwest.com> wrote:

> PS - The ruby-ldap (C extension) library causes Ruby to segfault in
> combination with WEBrick, in case you're wondering why I didn't use that
> instead.

I've talked to several people who have pointed out that the native  LDAP
library has a variety of problems, including working  (well, not working)
with Ruby threads, because of the way it does IO internally. Can't explain
the problem with Webrick but if we do our job right, there will be no reason
to use native LDAP in preference to pure Ruby.

Apropos, does anyone out there have any reasons why they must use native
LDAP as opposed to Net::LDAP? Missing features? Bugs?

------art_34354_1338361.1155676215443--