Logan Capaldo wrote:
> You don't always want a has_many :through though. Sometimes the only
> thing that exists is the many-to-many relationship. (A person has and
> belongs to  many clubs for instance.)

Just so I understand, let's play with some tables:

people =>* group_people *<= groups

The following sequence of commands should work:

> person = Person.find_first
> groups = person.groups

Is that how a HABTM would work too?

If so, then to emulate a HABTM, you just need to ignore the join table
in your app, and never call peron.group_people, etc.

My doubt comes from not having used HABTM since the start of the year;
but I think from the object's point of view, the HABTM and the has_many
:through behave the same to the Person object if you send it the groups
method.

Nic