On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, Berger, Daniel wrote:

> [...]

why aren't you guys just using a decent date format?

   require 'time'

   now = Time.now

   iso8601 = now.iso8601(2)

   puts iso8601

   now2 = Time.parse(iso8601)

   iso86012 = now2.iso8601(2)

my rules for dealing with dates are

   - do everything in gmt

   - if, and only if, that cannot be done do all calculations/formatting using
     iso8601.  it sorts as strings and is parseable by just about any decent
     application including databases and does not require tzinfo.

regards.

-a
--
to foster inner awareness, introspection, and reasoning is more efficient than
meditation and prayer.