Cganon,

I don't believe it's a matter of being light, it's simply a matter of
security.  Embedded scripting engines within games must heavily limit a
language's capabilities to avoid malicious intent. Lua for example, used
within WoW, is very primitive by design.

There are examples of this in the Java community as well.  RoboCode,
written within IBM and now open source uses Java's security manager to
restrict callers from creating threads or getting access to system
resources.

I believe that it would be incredibly complex to implenent safe guards
in an open class system but hopefully I am terribly misguided.  :)

ilan