Hi all,

I was the one who started the "Using Ruby in a commercial application?"
thread.
Thanks for all the replies!

After some more consideration on using Ruby embedded in C++ for games, it
started to become clear that the main reason that I wouldn't want to use it
yet is because of portability and lightweightness.

Lua which is more widely used in games is a lot more lightweight and
portable.

The main reason this is important to me is that porting games to different
platforms might be a problem if the scripting language used isn't portable
to other platforms.

But I really like the Ruby language/syntax .. I just wish there was a more
lightweight version of it that is more portable. Heavy features such as
threads wouldn't be required so that it could be more lightweight.

Anyways, I searched the archives and found a few people saying they were
working on something like this. Also there is something called "minruby"
which doesn't have any documentation.

Anyone know of any information about a lightweight Ruby project or is
working on one?

Thank you!,
Chanon