On 8/15/06, Patrick Spence <patrick / pkspence.com> wrote:
> As for the issue of returning "Central" vs "CST" or "CDT", I'm not
> overly concerned with that at this time. No doubt, that will change.

I'm not sure it'll change. You're on Windows, and Windows is stupid
this way, preferring to spell out "Central Daylight Time" instead of
"CDT"; I have yet to figure out how to get the output from a Windows
format string to be abbreviated or better yet to return a +/- offset.

It is the "Central Daylight Time" that is causing the parsing to be
incorrect, because most date systems are sensible.

It may be worth reporting a bug to the tracker on RubyForge.org. If
you can figure out a patch, that's even better and you can also put it
in the same place.

-austin
               * austin / zieglers.ca