On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 03:42:20PM +0900, Gene Tani wrote:

> newyorkdolluk wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > can anyone tell me how to bulk comment-out lines of code rather than
> > #'ing each line?
> >
> > thanks
>
> Komodo can do block commenting out, prepending "#".  Scite prepends
> "##" so you know that is was done in bulk fashion.  Your editor must
> hvae something of the sort to block comment and uncomment.

Vim could, of course, do it via a substitution iterating over a number
of lines indicated by a prepended number.  I'm sure EMACS (Esc Meta Alt
Ctrl Shift) could do something similar, but with four times as many keys
involved.

What, me biased?  Never.

"There comes a time in the history of any project when it becomes necessary
to shoot the engineers and begin production." - MacUser, November 1990