Chet Farmer wrote:
> Belay that. Of course, after posting, I found an answer almost
> immediately where none had been before.
>
> I was missing an apt-gettable library. I'm not sure which, since I took
> the "shotgun" approach and did this:
>
> sudo sudo apt-get install libzlib-ruby libyaml-ruby libdrb-ruby
> liberb-ruby zlib1g-dev libopenssl-ruby
>
> that I found here:
>
> http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=191701

Chet, if you take a look at the third line of the error message you
posted previously, it points out the file you were missing (the openssl
library).

$ ./xm.rb
/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`gem_original_require': no such file to load -- openssl (LoadError)

Hope this helps in any future debugging.

Jamey