fabsy wrote:
> Hey, I have some questions I hope someone can answer..
>
> Im new to Ruby and I was wondering if anyone have any good
> newbie/tutorials on how to get started?
> And im wondering what the differences(if there are any?) there are
> between ruby as a applicationprogramming language and
> webapplicationprogramming language..
>
> And, is there anyway to compile the "programs" you create?
>
> Thanks

Welcome to Ruby!

There are many good tutorials for Ruby. Two of the best are:

http://poignantguide.net/ruby/
http://pine.fm/LearnToProgram/?Chapter=00

Regarding compiling Ruby, there are a number of people working on making
this possible but if you're looking for something that is easy to use
and works on all programs, no. For the time being, Ruby is interpreted.