On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, Francis Cianfrocca wrote:

> I have to say that in my opinion, none of the problems you're trying
> to solve are particularly deep nor particularly new.

I know, that's why I assumed there was a standard solution I was missing.
Answer: Have a world writable standard clutter directory...and a
standard security hole where malware can do nasty things to temp
files and lock files.

> On Windows, don't cry, just use CreateProcess. Windows has a strong
> cross-process mutex, unlike Linux, so use it. It's heavyweight, but so
> what? Nothing is heavier than a process, which is what you're trying
> to sync in the first place.

ri CreateProcess
Nothing known about CreateProcess.

Where do I start looking for that?