I'm sorry for my late reply (again).

Hi Piers and thanks for your reply.

Yes, this is an OLE automation.

I was hoping if i can manipulate the objects inside sap (clicking gui
buttons, entering text in textboxes etc in sap). Like what watir (web
application testing in ruby) can do to a html webpage (clicking buttons
and entering text in textboxes automatically), this is what i want to do
in sap. Are there any ruby gems/libraries (aside from your sap::rfc)?
Could you please give me the website where I can download these/this
ruby gem(s)?

Again, thanks for your reply.